Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wife separates on trivial issue, uses kid as pawn


What do you say about this love story:


A girl from Brahmin community falls in love with a Vokkaliga boy. They tie knot after a 4-year courtship period. Get married in 1999, and remain so for almost five years till 2004.

Then, suddenly, the woman realises that she belongs to an EMPOWERED lot and has a right to disagree/confront the husband for his eating habits...

Seemingly, from this news report, the flashpoint occurred when the husband, while getting admission for his kid in a school, entered 'Vokkaliga' as the son's caste in the application form!!
So much so for all the noise we keep hearing from feminists and alpha males about equality and "caste should not matter" in marriage etc...
What about this one??

In India, it is almost a norm to give custody to mother, without consideration if she is having criminal mentality and whether she'll be able to maintain and take proper welfare of the child.

This is the EQUALITY served by courts to Indian MEN!!

And talk about equality in Media, which leaves no stone unturned in creating NOISE about equality and caste etc., see the reporting done in this news article. The woman's face has been blurred, to hide her identity, while that of a man, his pic is printed perfectly...


Wife plays kabab mein haddi (Bangalore Mirror, May 18, 2010)

Husband says she refuses to give him custody of their son since he is a meat-eater and the child a Brahmin

Hemanth Kashyap
Posted On Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 05:47:55 AM

A nine-year-old boy is caught in a divorce case that apparently has its origins in his Brahmin mother’s objections to his Vokkaliga father’s non-vegetarian food habits.

Hema, in her sworn statement before the judge, offered the difference in food habits as the reason she was seeking custody of the child
The family court hearing the case involving Mahesh, a mechanical engineer, and Hema, a call centre employee, has been reportedly told by the latter that if she gives custody of her child to him, the boy will ‘convert’ to his meat-eating lifestyle.

No objections earlier
Interestingly, according to Mahesh, his wife had no objection to his dietary habits when they got married. Mahesh and Hema met at a Scouts and Guides camp in Tumkur. Love blossomed between the two, and after four years they decided to tie the knot. According to Mahesh, she was well aware that he was a Vokkaliga and a non-vegetarian, and he in turn reciprocated by avoiding non-vegetarian food.

“I was devoted to her and, as she desired, I underwent the Upanayana ritual and became a Brahmin. Her father offered me Rs 3 lakh to stay away from his daughter, and my family too opposed the marriage, but I was firm. I gave up eating meat. At the most, I would go out and eat non-vegetarian food once in three months,” Mahesh told Bangalore Mirror.

Hunky-dory till 2004
According to Mahesh, they got married in 1999 and everything was fine till 2004. Their son Adithya was born in 2001. “After our marriage, she used to go often to her parents’ house. I did not mind as I wanted her to be happy. But her parents kept telling her I was from a lower caste and a non-vegetarian. The flashpoint occurred when I admitted Adithya to a school and wrote ‘Vokkaliga’ as my caste in the application form. When she learnt of it, she abused me and went to her parental house, taking our child. It is now six years that I have been kept away from my son. The divorce case in pending in court; we separated in March this year,” he said.

“In the process, I lost my job. Meanwhile, she admitted Adithya to another school and didn’t allow me to see him. She even wrote a letter to the school, telling them to restrain me from seeing him there. I did not want to stop seeing my son, so I would wait for the school van to stop at the traffic signals and bring chocolates for him,” Mahesh said.

Objection to custody
The court has permitted Mahesh custody of his child for two days in a month, but Hema reportedly objected to it. “One of the objections was that Adithya was a vegetarian by virtue of his birth and performance of the Upanayana, and could not eat or be forced to eat non-vegetarian food, and therefore I could visit the child only at her house for a few hours on Sundays or holidays,” he said.

“Even after the court allowed me to meet my son, she and her parents are preventing it. He is now in the fourth standard, and I want him to know his father. But they tell him all kinds of negative things about me,” he said.

‘Feel like killing myself’
“She knew about my dietary habits when we started our relationship and didn’t have any problem then. I gave up a lot for her, but now she thinks I will make our son eat non-vegetarian food. She left me on this account and now she is keeping away my son too. I am desperate and feel like killing myself,” a tearful Mahesh told this paper.

In fact, Hema, in her sworn statement before the judge, offered the difference in food habits as the reason she was seeking custody of the child.

She knew about my dietary habits when we started our relationship and didn’t have any problem then. I gave up a lot for her, but now she thinks I will make our son eat non-vegetarian food. She left me on this account and now she is keeping away my son too.




2 comments:

  1. Child support -> It is HIS kid, so he has to pay
    Child Custody -> It is HER kid, so she gets custody!

    When MEN ask money -> It is DOWRY a crime
    When WOMEN ask money -> It is her RIGHT to maintenance/alimony!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many case reference available where in Supreme Court it is held that "CHILD IN INDIA NORMALLY FOLLOW THE RELIGION OF FATHER"

    I am also fighting the exactly same kind of problem.

    Use Laxmikant Pandey Vs. Union of India judgement to get the case decided in 2 months.

    ReplyDelete